As in all learning, we need to structure our programme in a spiral, constantly revisiting previously learnt concepts but at a progressively higher level. If we don’t do this it is like asking a child to climb a ladder with the bottom rungs missing.
Planning should also be directed by assessment with a clear goal as to what is to be achieved and how it will be achieved and not forgetting, how we will know that it has been achieved.
Benchmarks will provide you will a clear direction in the achievement of a Level.
Click the image below to access the ‘Literacy Learning and Interventions Resources: Reading‘
CLICK LINKS BELOW FOR RESOURCES
- Precision Teaching: training and resources
- Paired Reading: training and resources
- Shared Reading: training and resources
- Highland Reading Intervention Packs
- Benchmark Tiles – Early Level
- Benchmark Tiles – First Level
- Benchmark Tiles – Second Level
- Benchmark Tiles – Third Level