Please see information below re CPD delivered by the Speech and Language team.
PLANNING FOR AND SUPPORTING CHILDREN WITH SPEECH AND LANGUAGE DIFFICULTIES IN THE PRIMARY SETTING
An interactive whole day session suitable for: class teachers, ASN teachers, SMT, PSAs.
This one-day course will focus on identifying and supporting children with speech and language difficulties within the classroom. Learning will be done through active tasks, collaborative problem solving and analysis of real-life videos of children with SLCN (speech language and communication needs)
Aims of the course:
- To understand why speech, language and communication matters
- To develop an understanding of all the different stages and steps of the communication chain
- To know the difference between the terms speech, language and communication
- To understand the role of SLT and how we can work together and help each other
- To think about the link between poor language skills and behaviour
- To think about the link between speech, language and emergent literacy
- To know basic strategies to help children understand and learn new language
- To understand how non-verbal communication and using visual supports can support children with SLCN.
INVERGORDON – Thursday 24th September 2015 – Primary
INVERGORDON – Friday 25th September 2015 – Secondary PSAs/ SfLT
DINGWALL – Wednesday 7th October 2015
INVERNESS – Tuesday 1st December 2015
WICK – Thursday 14th April 2016
FORT WILLIAM – Tuesday 10th May 2016
Please apply through the CPD Calendar