The Care Inspectorate document ‘Our Creative Journey‘ shares how Expressive Arts can be developed within early learning and childcare settings.
Within the document, there are a number of examples which can supporting children’s Emerging Literacy development.
A few of the examples:
- pg.7 details the work of stories, songs, games and rhymes
- pgs.24 and 25 share the importance of gross motor movement
- pg.29 has a case study on storytelling
- pg.46 includes an example on painting to music
- pg.61 shares the opportunities for motor and language development through “playdough stations”.
These are some great examples of interdisciplinary learning experiences which can support children’s literacy, language and communication skills through adults and children playing and talking together.