Dyslexia Awareness Week in Scotland will be on 2 – 7 November 2020
Dyslexia Awareness Week this year is all about ‘Unlocking Potential’. To tie in with coming out of lockdown, the title reflects all the amazing and sometimes unexpected ways that children and adults have adapted to our ‘new normal’, not to mention parents, teachers and others. It’s not been easy but we have been struck by the resilience shown by so many.
Some ways to support Dyslexia Awareness Week
- Display a poster about Dyslexia Awareness Week.
- Take part in our online events in the run up to, during and after the week.
- Share our Twitter and Facebook posts during the week, using #DAWScot20 – and join us on Instagram and YouTube.
- Use our children’s presentation or general presentation to raise awareness in your school, workplace or community.
- If you’re a teacher, sign up to the 3 free online Modules on the Online Addressing Dyslexia Toolkit.
- Have a look at Dyslexia Unwrapped, our website for 8 – 18 year olds.
- Check out our leaflets for children, parents, adults and employers.
- Join Dyslexia Scotland and be part of a growing membership across Scotland – you can join or renew online.
For those of you who would like an interesting, informative and thought-provoking read, please click the link below.