The Highland Literacy Toolkit is a suite of Career Long Professional Learning (CLPL) resources that can be used by individuals, groups of practitioners or whole staff groups. Each PowerPoint includes facilitator’s notes to support delivery, resources to use during collegiate sessions and follow-up links. Each PowerPoint is linked to the Quality Indicators within How Good Is Our School 4 (HGIOS4).
Click on the links below to access each of the Highland Literacy Toolkit PowerPoints, or check out the Literacy Toolkit tab. Individuals, groups and schools can select the aspects which are relevant to them.
- Asking the Right Questions at the Right Time
- Building Vocabulary for Better Literacy
- Developing Thinking
- Group Talk – A Focus on the Individual
- Handwriting vs. Keyboard Skills
- Learning and Teaching – A Focus on Writing
- Literacy Across Learning
- Literacy through Exploration
- Reading Between the Lines
- Read With Confidence
- Spelling and Beyond
- Talk With Confidence
- Writing Feedback – Technical vs. Content
- Write With Confidence